May 18, 2012

Silly Pictures, Lying Brits, and More! (Links)

How nifty is this graphic? Amazes me how many people read the Da Vinci Code.
  •  Ever wanted to see Marcel Proust playing air guitar? Or Ernest Hemingway kicking a beer can? Check out Flavorwire's Extremely Silly Photos of Extremely Serious Writers (which I found via Shelf Awareness).
  • Amazon posted its list of the most well-read cities in America. I don't really know why, but I'm a little surprised by how high Pittsburgh is. And sad that no cities in the Southwest made the list.
  • My friend Sherri sent me this link which says that 71% of British people lie about reading classic books in order to seem more cultured. It makes me giggle that so many people think that Jane Austen wrote Jane Eyre.
  • And, my article about Bookmans (my former employer) is up at TucsonTopia. If you're an Arizonan who doesn't shop Bookmans, you should change that!
Have you ever lied about reading a book? 
Did your city make the most well-read list?