September 9, 2012

What I'm Into: the September Edition

Weather

It's rained quite a bit here the last week - which is highly unusual for this time of year, since monsoon season is usually over by now. It gives me hope that perhaps fall really does exist, and will eventually show up in Tucson. In the meantime, we've been swimming a lot. And I've been wishfully pinning pumpkin recipes on Pinterest.


Television

Noel and I have started re-watching Battlestar Galactica, and I'm remembering my deep love for Starbuck and Captain Apollo. Oh the sexual tension! I also watched some of the U.S. Open - but not as much as I usually would have.

Family 

I didn't watch much of the U.S. Open because my dad's mom passed away last week. I feel a little awkward mentioning it here, but Grandma's illness/death have been a huge deal in my life this month, so it feels more weird to not talk about it. If you're so inclined, you can read more about her here.

Music

I've possibly made the best Pandora playlist ever - starting with a base of Carla Bruni, Paris Combo, and Nouvelle Vague. I've also been cranking some Shania Twain while cleaning/packing - she makes good get-things-done music. And, I've been teaching Eleanor the ABCs in French. It's pretty fantastic actually - she goes "Ah, bay, say, day, French, French, French. Ell, emm, enn, oh pay. Pay pay pay. French french french."

Disneyland

We're going to Disneyland for the first time as a family at the end of this month. I'm really excited. And I've been obsessively planning. I can't help it, I'm a firstborn from a highly organized family! I made a separate folder on my phone for all the Disneyland apps I've downloaded.


Food

I'm in a bit of a cooking rut. I'm looking forward to it cooling off so I can use my oven more. Last week I made a pretty good potato/squash/bacon gratin, but it wasn't anything amazing. And it heated up the whole house for way too long. I'm thinking there will be more salads in our future this week. 



What are you into? Got any Disney tips for me?