August 14, 2015

Quick Lit: The Things I Wish I Was Reading


Guys, I'm still struggling book-wise. I did start Fangirl on audiobook... and am loving it, even though it's the third time I've read it in less than a year! But this is mostly a post about the books I wish I could've gotten into. I've started and abandoned several books lately - thanks a lot book rut.




My Name is Resolute by Nancy Turner

In theory this seemed like a great fit. But in practice, the dialect-y way it was written was hard for me to read. I just couldn't get into it. I may try again in a few months, when I'm back on track reading-wise.





The Paper Magicians by Charlie N. Holmberg

I don't know if I gave this one enough of a chance. It just seemed a little dull to me. But I know people who love this trilogy... so maybe it gets better later?





The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens

I read a great review of this trilogy somewhere... maybe at Smiling Shelves...? And I checked it out from the library. But they sat there on my nightstand for 3 weeks before I took them back to the library, unread.





Wildest Dreams by Robyn Carr

I got sent this one for review. I tried it, but gave up after a couple chapters... the writing was just kind of clunky. Have any of you read Robyn Carr? Are some of her other books good?

So, I guess I'll just be over here rereading old books, since apparently no new books are interesting to me!


What are YOU reading?


(Planning to link up with Modern Mrs. Darcy's Quick Lit)